Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default All you ever wanted to know about nuclear waste (or in harrys'case, didn't)

Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
"harryagain" wrote:

Yes, lots of rules & regulations and still they blow upf rom time to
time.

No more and I suspect a lot less than other types of industrial
installation.

Three Mile Island (1979): Dead: zero, injured: zero.

Chernobyl (1986): Dead: 75, injured: possibly 4000 who need not have
been (source: WHO).

Entirely caused by operator error, which could have been prevented by
better training.

Fukushima: (2011?): Dead: zero, injured: zero.

Hey, four guys died trying to put out a fire there. Just sayin' like...

There have also been two fatal accidents in the USA since 1979, both of
which involved electrocution due to unlabelled or incorrectly labelled
wiring.

None of the other incidents I've looked at in the last half Century
happened while in normal operation.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.