Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Servicing your own gas boiler

On 21/10/2013 09:32, John Rumm wrote:
On 20/10/2013 19:56, Onetap wrote:
On Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:42:47 PM UTC+1, Jon Parker wrote:
Hello folks,

How much (if any) buggering about is one allowed to do to one's own
gas boiler?

You must be competent to do the work.
Asking on a DIY forum would suggest that you're not.

This kind of answer tends to get on my tits a bit...

Even if we ignore the basic point that one of the ways we gain
competence to do anything is by asking sensible questions. The question
was not "am I competent". but "am I allowed"...

And the answer is that if you do it properly you are allowed.

---