Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default bifold panel doors

"Meanie" wrote in message

I plan to make bifold panel closet doors for 3
openings/entrances. If one opening is 5 feet wide, I know
I don't want the doors to be an exact 30" for each side
(or do I?) due to obvious reasons. How much clearance
should I provide? Is there a general guide/rule for door
size with specific opening size?

As said plus another reason for being a bit narrower than
the opening is to allow the doors to be hung plumb in an opening that is
very likely to be less than square.

I generally hide the gap between door edge and wall with a molding.

--

dadiOH

Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net