Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default Household goods affordability

On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 07:34:11 -0400, Stormin Mormon

On 10/14/2013 6:41 PM, wrote:
Back in the 1970's me and a several guys I knew decided to take a
refresher course so we could obtain our First Class FCC license required
for a job as a broadcast engineer. We already knew our electronics and
had experience in the field but needed a little
help to guarantee we passed our test. There was one gal in the class.
She was nice and we all liked her but she didn't know one end of a
soldering iron from the other but did know a screwdriver was for
screwing. Everyone in the class passed the test and obtained our First
Class FCC license. Guess who was immediately hired by a radio station?
That was my first real brush with Affirmative Action. o_O

She had the tools the station was looking for.

Two pointy ones. o_O

TDD

When Kodak still had employees, my Dad used to joke
that a Jewish Black woman could be hired and be VP
within a year. As usual, the Congress is the problem,
writing and enforcing laws like Affirmative Action.

Sadly, Congress "pay no attention to the man behind
the curtain!" seldom gets credit for their problems.

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

All this BS is before the supreme court again. somehow some of the
justices don't understand the concept of "treat everyone equal"
preferring to treat some people as more equal then others.

The reason a college degree is required for almost any decent job
today is because making a degree a job requirement eliminates many of
the "equal employment class" from the job pool and somehow has managed
to escape the ire of the Affirmative action wackos. They have,
however, started attacking the notion that you can ask someone if they
are a convicted criminal when considering employing them. That's
unfair, you shouldn't be allowed to protect your workplace from KNOWN
thieves cuz they 'paid their time' in jail and shouldn't get punished
again in the workplace. I guess the notion that maybe they shouldn't
have been out thieving never occurred to these people.