Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.mobilehome

Default Why no overflow on Trailer Home bathtubs

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 13:54:34 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 14:20:53 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 13:07:40 -0500,
wrote:

I've been around trailer homes and noticed they never have an overflow
in their bathtubs. I used to think that was just in the real old
trailers, but I'm seeing the same thing on the newer ones. Why do they
neglect to put overflows on those tubs? What's worse is that the
trailers tend to suffer a lot more damage when a tub overflows because
of the particle board floors used in them. If I was going to live in a
trailer, the first thing I'd do is install a standard bathtub. First
off because I'm not a person who likes to waste time watching a tub fill
up, and tend to walk away. Secondly bcause they are smaller tubs than
in houses. (while people are the same size regardless where they live).

Ditch the tub an put in a shower. That way you get clean instead of
soaking in your own dirt. Often there is not enough room to fit a
regular tub.

Agree that there should be an overflow though.

Personally I like bathtubs better than showers. I like to relax in a
nice hot tub after working outside in cold weather. But sometimes I
like a shower too. I have both in my house, a tub with shower surround.

But I agree that not having an overflow is very stupid design. I can
only guess that the reasoning is because those tubs are so shallow
compared to a standard tub, that an overflow would only allow about 6
inches of water. Yet, I dont understand why they need to be so shallow.
They may need to be shorter because of trailer house size, but there is
no reason they need to have less depth.

They are not shallow tubs, they are deep shower pans.