Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com is offline

Default under/over charged batteries

One is an Acer Aspire One netbook I didn't touch for two years and now the
battery won't charge, but the computer works well with the adapter
plugged in.

Then there was this Siemens SX56 smartphone that I replaced the battery on
and it charged once, then when it discharged, it refused to turn on or
recharge. I had bought it used five years ago and never tried to use it until
recently, so I never knew it ever working. I wish I could find an easily
identifiable short.

A long time ago I had gotten a used Compaq Aero 4/25 and ev'tho I changed the
battery with a new one from Varta three times, it never worked right without
being plugged in.

I wonder if there isn't some poor man's trick by putting a resistor in the
adaptor jack or something.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm