Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Antifreeze Q

In article ,
Onetap writes
On Sunday, October 20, 2013 12:16:20 PM UTC+1, fred wrote:
In article ,

For info, EG sold for that purpose in the EU is required have an

embittering agent added to discourage consumption by animals and humans

so in practice the risks are mitigated.

But not very effective, according to some of the posters on this thread;

http://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikei...dont_all_of_th
e_companies_that_make/

I'd assume they're mostly in the USA, hence the query why there isn't a legal
requirement to add embittering agent.

Not sure of the origins of the posts, quite a bit of British English in
use but refs to USA and one from Sweden who mentions the use of
embittering agents in his locale.

When I looked at this before I thought that the BS/EN specs for the
product had been modified to include bittering agents but now I'm not so
sure. A quick search shows people in the UK still floating petitions to
make the inclusion compulsory so I assume it has not made it to statute
yet.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .