Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Household goods affordability

On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 10:02:56 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
"Tony944" wrote:

Example in 2004 I have retire just for me and my wife I was paying BC&BS type
J coverage $1900.00 per month, the very same coverage group insured was
paying $800.00 or less, perhaps some of you reading this will tell me that is
fair: I don't think so". What happens with people like me we want change even
on the end perhaps become losers? That is why some people don't care who
they are taking it from "They want the Change"!

What do you mean "covered group"?

I think he is talking about the group where he worked. That is how
most plans work, you insure from 5 to even 5000+ employees all at the
same price per month. The average age of those covered my be 35 or 45
and require little medical care. As a 60+ year old individual you are
more likely to need lots of care, thus a higher premium.