Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony944[_3_] Tony944[_3_] is offline

Default Opened laptop battery to replace lithium ion cells (Lenovo X61 tablet PC) -- Where do I get replacement battery cells?

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
On 10/17/2013 09:44 PM, Timsta wrote:
replying to JoeSchmoe, Timsta wrote:
nospamjoeschmoe wrote:

Have you ever opened up your laptop battery to replace the lithium ion
cells inside (if so, I could use the help as I'm stuck).
Here are the pictures of the operation on a Lenovo X61 tablet PC
8-cell 4500 amp-hour battery kidney-transplant operation.
The outside of the IBM Lenovo X61 tablet PC battery pack has the part
numbers:
- FRU 42T4507
- ASM 42T5209
And the batteries themselves, seem to have numbers on them of:
- cylinders BCM 3A6 72653
- rectangles C 3 171353
Any idea where to obtain these lithium ion replacement batteries?

Dear Joe I'd like Answers to the same Problem!

might want to ask over at candlepowerforums and post pics there.

so there's two different types of cells in there? Normally I would just
expect to see a bank of 18650s... I'm guessing that that is actually 4500
mAh not Ah?

I am glad you correted him because car battery is around 600 AMP/hour

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel