Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Just Finished The Shop Roof. Whew!

Sonny wrote:

I'm too old for roofing work, anymore, but the whole roof is now
complete. I ache all over.

snip
-------------------------------------
"basilisk" wrote:

Glad you made it through the roofing.

When I put the sheet metal roofing on my shop, It was clear to me
that I
have lost my nerve for roof work, it is only a 4/12 pitch and I was
mortified to whole time. Doesn't seem like that long ago I was doing
iron
work and running down 6" beams like a squirrel on a power line.

Took a spill from the cockpit down into the engine compartment, a
distance of about 7'-8'.

No apparent broken bones, my glasses still fit my face, time to get
organized.

Managed to crawl up out of the boat, about 8' and down the stairs,
(all 18 steps), put the tools away and drive the 30 miles home.

Laid in bed for 2 days before I could crawl to the desk and start
taking care of business.

It was then that I realized I'd never again walk the fore deck of a
boat going to windward in 20 knots of wind and the decks pitched
10-15 degrees as the boat clawed it's way to windward.

Reality had set in.

Lew