Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony944[_3_] Tony944[_3_] is offline

Default Household goods affordability

wrote in message ...
On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 16:43:26 GMT, (Cindy Hamilton)
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 14:35:25 GMT,
(Cindy Hamilton)
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

Is it required that you lust after others' possessions? You think
that's healthy? Does it help you save faster? Does it help your
neighbor pay for his? The gain is?

Not required. Probably not healthy. In fact, I don't lust after
my neighbor's chariot. It neither helps me save faster, nor
helps him pay for his.

Yet you think it's a good thing for others?

What does it matter?

It matters a *lot*. When people covet what others have instead of
what they will work for it wrecks society.

Suppose it's not good. What are we going to do about it?

We? You think it's just peachy to want to take from others.

There's no gain. A lot of what people do produces no gain,
yet it's human nature to do these things. We're not robots.

...and that's a good thing?

Human nature comprises both good and bad. Always has, always will.

True but irrelevant. You think it's a good idea to cater to the least
common denominator. I'd rather look somewhat above that.

You seem to wish to restrict people's freedom to covet.

It's wrong on all levels. It is a deadly sin for a reason.

Ah, sin. I don't have much of a concept of sin.

I can tell. Your lack of morality is quite evident.

I suppose if pushed to it, I'd define it the way
Terry Pratchett does: "Treating people as things".

Define "it".

Covetousness doesn't seem to be a sin.

Bull****. You *are* treating people as objects when you're envious of
their possessions. If you treated them as equals you could never be
envious.

I see that are few people commenting on these subject so let me put my two cent in!

Example in 2004 I have retire just for me and my wife I was paying BC&BS type J coverage $1900.00 per month, the very same coverage group insured was paying $800.00 or less, perhaps some of you reading this will tell me that is fair: I don't think so". What happens with people like me we want change even on the end perhaps become losers? That is why some people don't care who they are taking it from "They want the Change"!