Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Basic Toolpath Surfacing Class Is In Session

Part Three:

Now that we understand the basics of what stock models are used for and have explored how they are used on simple prismatic parts, it's time to explore how we can use a stock model on surfacing toolpath. We have previously covered how a stock model can represent a single previous machining operation as well as many previous machining operations.

The following video shows how creating a stock model of your parts current as machined state can be used to:

Control how the tool will engage unmachined stock.

Control the maximum depth of cut the tool takes.

Control removing parts of the toolpath that waste cycle time by jumping all over the part removing little or no material.

Help you to make the tool do what exactly what you want it to do.

http://youtu.be/1VZ4wu5netg