Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Just Finished The Shop Roof. Whew!

I'm too old for roofing work, anymore, but the whole roof is now complete. I ache all over. This roof section was about 3 squares in size. Didn't have any help, this time, as the nephews were busy. Took 8 days, longer than I thought it would.

For a long time, I've been wanting to finish that roof!

New 2X6 framing of some rafters and all the overhang framed with 2X6. Previously, the old house had exposed overhangs (no soffits) with 2X4 rafters. New decking was installed over the old.

I may prime the 40' of facia, today.... there's a chance of rain, later this evening, so I wouldn't mind getting it primed, while the scaffolds are still up. All the climbing and bending is killing my knees.

I bought a Makita 5007F circular saw, after the Craftsman quit. That model has been around for 30 yrs and it's a good saw. I did order the Bosch CS20 and it arrived Wednesday. I just opened the box. It's pretty heavy, as that Craftsman is, but does seem to be a much heavier duty saw. Nice large heavy duty tool bag, also, a bonas I didn't expect.

This job wasn't so fun, but it's done. The next phase (or 2) is replacing the remainder of the old siding, insulating, replace some flooring & floor joists, etc.

Sonny