Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Household goods affordability

In article ,
wrote:
On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 14:49:58 GMT, (Cindy Hamilton)
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

I beg to differ. People have aspired to have more/better
stuff than their neighbors since cuneiform was all the rage.

Envy was an ugly and counterproductive emotion, even then. It's what
leftism is based on.

Ugly, perhaps.

Perhaps?

Counterproductive, I'm not so sure.

Of course it is. You don't believe saving for your own shiny new
chariot, instead of lusting after your neighbor's, isn't a more
productive use of your energy?

I can save up for my new chariot while simultaneously lusting
after the neighbor's.

In real life, I am saving up for a used chariot. It'll be
newer than my current chariot, and have an automatic transmission,
to boot.

Cindy Hamilton