Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_5_] Rick Hughes[_5_] is offline

Default Antifreeze Q

I have an almost full 5L container of "CarPlan All Season Antifreeze
concentrate." ASA 005
This is a number of years old ... but container has been sealed at all
times ... inside it is still the translucent yellow colour.
When mixed with correct volume of water the stuff is Blue at 25-30% and
Green at to 50% .... although I will use a Hydrometer.

Couple of Q's ......

# As this is ethylene glycol product, I'm sort of assuming it will not
'degrade' at worst some will have evaporated off ... but not much ....
so any reason why it should not still be used. (I know toxic issues
with EG)

# I will need to also buy some extra concentrate .. can you still get
'yellow' concentrate ?

I see BSA 005 on sale .... is this compatibel with ASA 005 ??