Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] deansaxtonlll@gmail.com is offline

Default Trusses made from angle iron and zig-zag rebar?

On Monday, November 4, 2002 4:40:19 PM UTC-7, Vernon Tuck wrote:
Howdy!

Recently a couple of buildings have caught my eye which were
constructed of trusses made from doubled angle iron with zig-zagged
rebar sandwiched in between and welded together.

The rebar was bent into a series of isosceles triangles before being
welded in between the angle iron pieces.

Do any of you know if the rebar would have been bent during the
fabrication process? Or can rebar (or other round stock) be purchased
in a pre-bent condition?

I'd really like to get a shop roof over my head. And this looks like
a nifty and inexpensive way to frame up the structural members.

Anybody built any of 'em? If so, how'd you do it, pray tell???

Thanks,
Vernon

Gentleme