Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bondo to fill in spots on concrete porch

On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 17:20:22 -0400, "dadiOH"
wrote:

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message

I am (STILL!!) working on repainting my concrete porch
(approx 10x10 + 2 steps).
Scraping off decades of paint is a bitch. Earlier layers
oil-based; later ones water-based (California banned
oil-based). Uneven wearing. Spots that look like beaches
on a lake...various depths.

In past years I used SOMETHING ???? to fill in that did
not wear well.

Paint store heard my sad story & said Bondo could be used
to fill in low spots.

Bondo possible?

Of course its possible. I *LOVE* Bondo. But not on a horizontal surface
that is going to get walked on. Unless the spots are really small.

Go rent a floor sander. The big square vibrating ones are easy to use, no
chance of digging divots into the floor.

Concrete is HELL on sandpaper!!!