Larry Jaques

Default How to charge for your work

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 12:44:24 -0700, Rick Nelson
calmly ranted:

Bob K 207 wrote:
Don't forget the "difficult personality surcharge"... 5 to 50%

these types will make the job take longer & should get charged more just for
dealing with them

5 to 50% is pretty vague. This will help break it down:

Service Charges:
Labor Rate Per Hour $20.
If you Wait $25.
If you Watch $30.
If you Help $40.
If you Worked on it Yourself $50.
If you Laugh $60.

I used to have one of those in my work area when I was wrenchin'.
The only thing missing was the last line. Man, I'da been rich!

When I moved into the computer repair arena, I got lots of nice
Marines who had worked on their computers first. I probably made
well over $1,000 just on replacing the autoexec.bat and config.sys
files which the nice Marines had put through WordPerfect. I loved
it!

Now I produce real web pages from FrontPage-afflicted code.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming