Groggy

Default Tip 'O the Month,for Drawer Bottom Dadoes

Leon,

Although it doesn't applly to using template guide bushings, there is a
trick that can be used to centre the bit to all external points.

Put a reference bit in the router and lower the point so the router cannot
move off the point. Then slowly move the router edge to a belt sander or
disk and rotate the router until the belt has even contact at all points.

The technique is not dissimilar to cutting a circle on a BS.

Greg

"Leon" wrote in message ...
If I don't pay too close of attention and let my router rotate while

cutting
the DT's, the sides will be off set from the front and back. The guide
bushing not being perfectly centered is the culprit. If you let the

router
rotate when cutting between the jig fingers, the cut may be too far left

or
right. The result is that the sides do not match the front or back like

you
describe. If this happens, I trim the top or bottom edges for a good fit.
Then after I am satisfied with the drawer fit in the corners I cut the

dados
for the drawer bottom.