Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Bagwell William Bagwell is offline

Default Screw machines

On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 02:08:02 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

A side note..if you are going into a screw machine shop..wear your
old shoes. Most of them have been running oil, both as coolant and
machine lubrications..and the kitty litter (if any) used to sop up the
spills and splashes will be everywhere.

Interviewed at one of these type shops about two years ago. Still
remember the strong smell of cutting oil and haze in the air. Bit
surprised at the size of most of the machines, much larger than I had
envisioned. They had one single CNC and I think it ran oil as well for
consistency with the ~20 screw machines.
--
William