Posted to uk.d-i-y
F Murtz F Murtz is offline

Default silver sand, plasterers' sand, children's sand, etc

Tim+ wrote:
Rick Hughes wrote:
On 15/10/2013 05:11, wrote:
I know this post is old however I wanted to get the correct answer.
sand is usually silica with some kind of metal oxide if its red
could be iron oxide and silica. silver sand is simply silica with
very very very little metal oxide. it does not refer to its color
nor does it refer to the grit. I do park with tree which involves
burning wood and silver sand is used there. I hope that helps at
least it's already answer thanks

Is this a quizz ? ............. no idea what this is about?
Also the "I do park with tree which involves burning wood" reads
like some dubious code in Personal section of newspaper.

It was a late reply to this thread back in June 2011.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/uk.d-i-y/silver$20sand/uk.d-i-y/Y70Iyaf2Jnw/aAj7XehzYrkJ

I think this rash of super-late responses is down to some college
setting students an assignment.

Tim

But whats with the trees bit?