Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default silver sand, plasterers' sand, children's sand, etc

On Tuesday 15 October 2013 05:11 wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I know this post is old however I wanted to get the correct answer. sand
is usually silica with some kind of metal oxide#

and random amounts of clay...

if its red could be iron

oxide and silica. silver sand is simply silica with very very very little
metal oxide. it does not refer to its color nor does it refer to the grit.
I do park with tree which involves burning wood and silver sand is used
there. I hope that helps at least it's already answer thanks

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog:
http://squiddy.blog.dionic.net/