Mike

Default assembly question for the pros...

In article , says...
Newbie here. I'm just about to assemble a small bookcase I made out of 3/4
birch ply. Dimensions are roughly 32"x25"x11" and the design is very
simple. Rabbets to connect the sides to the tops and rabbets in the rear of
all pieces to accept a plywood backing. This will be a glue only affair,
and the assembly has me a little scared. Should I shoot for gluing the
carcass up first and then dropping the back in later or should I do the
whole thing at once?

Thanks for any tips...

Six of one half a dozen of the other. If you are sure you back is square
and true, doing a complete glue up including the back saves a lot of
that measuring diagonals and such to check for square.

--
MikeG
Heirloom Woods