Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Yet another electrical question on a WW tool

dpb wrote:
On 10/14/2013 8:55 PM, Bill wrote:
dpb wrote:

Oh, there's no fluorescent lighting on the circuit is there?

As someone who has been considering installing a ceiling dust
collector (or something else) on the same circuit as fluorescent
lighting, is there an issue here I should know about?
Why did you raise the concern?

RFI from the fluorescent is sometimes factor in false GFCI
trips...there shouldn't be any need for GFCI on such a circuit.

Not to contradict, but to bring clarity... proximity matters. If you have
a GFCI at 4' on a wall, and fluorescent lights at 7 feet, you'll have no
problems. That assumes maybe something like 2 or 3 feet from the wall with
the light run. Maybe even closer, but experience can certainly say that 2
feet will cause you no problems.

dpb usually posts some pretty factual stuff - maybe he can add to the
distance thing with more accurate stuff than I did.

--

-Mike-