Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Household goods affordability

On 10/13/2013 6:25 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Ed Pawlowski:
I've been trying to hire a person for a trainee type maintenance
position. I get two types of applicants. One is the 60+ year old
guy that was making $25 or more an hour. The other is the young
guy that did not finish high school and has a difficult time
spelling the name of the street he lives on. .

My son-in-law recently had to hire somebody to help test financial
planning software. He decided that one litmus test was whether the
applicant could demonstrate an understanding of compound interest.

He had to interview twenty-seven *college graduates* before he found
somebody who could.

But pre-employment tests are racist. o_O

TDD