Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony944[_3_] Tony944[_3_] is offline

Default Household goods affordability

"dadiOH" wrote in message
"Dean Hoffman" " wrote in
message

Americans are spending less of their disposible income
on food as time goes by. I looked at the U.S. Department
of Agriculture site. It has that type of information but
it is unavailable due to the "shutdown". There is a
chart he http://tinyurl.com/3yqoses Americans spent
about 23% of their disposable income in 1930. We were
spending about 9.5% of it by 2010.

Of course, that is "at home"expenditure, not total.

When I was a kid, eating out was maybe a once or twice a year thing and
there was no such thing as "fast food". Now, restaurants of all kinds
have proliferated and people eat out frequently; they patronize fast food
places even more frequently.

dadiOH

You are right about eating out in my area it is cheaper eating out then cook
at home
the only thing is when you eat at home you know what are you eating!!!!