Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Household goods affordability

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 06:23:31 -0400, "dadiOH"
wrote:

Of course, that is "at home"expenditure, not total.

When I was a kid, eating out was maybe a once or twice
a year thing and there was no such thing as "fast
food". Now, restaurants of all kinds have proliferated
and people eat out frequently; they patronize fast food
places even more frequently.

A few weeks back, my wife had a late doctor's appointment
so we stopped at a restaurant on the way home. This was
a local chain, the 99, similar to Applebees and the like.
It was a little after 5, just enough time for parents to
leave work and grab the kids from a sitter. I was amazed
at how many families were there. Like you, eating out
was a rare treat when we were kids. It was a big deal to
go shopping with mom and have lunch at the counter in
Woolworths.

Gotta love that roast beef sandwich with mashed potato, all covered by the
ubiquitous brown gravy

--

dadiOH