Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Menards

wrote:
On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 08:03:48 -0400, Keith Nuttle
wrote:

On 10/13/2013 12:42 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 00:14:06 -0400, Casper
wrote:

We need to replace or rebuild our shed doors and this may be a better
than wood. It will offer more security and should be easy enough to
hang once the door is framed. Any thoughts or advice on this?

Menard's doors will run about $269, free delivery to store. I haven't
priced out parts/lumber for a wood shed door, but it's barn style
doors 5'11" by 7'1".
Sounds like a good way to go. Once you price out the wood and the
time to build, this is a pretty good deal.

Agreed. I think the OP will like the steel door. Just keep it
painted and it should last a good long time.

You will really like Menards. When we were in Indianapolis we had Lowes
and Home Depot, within about a mile of our house, but because of
customer service and price we would drive about 7 miles to the Menards.

I wish we would get one here in Raleigh.

There is a Menards near both my mother's and brother's house. I
wasn't impressed, at all. I find HD and Lowes vary widely by region.
Here, HD is better than Lowes. In OH, it was the other way around, by
a long shot.

I have Menards, Home Depot, and Lowes all within a few miles of me. This
week Lowes and Menards put a "leaf rake" on sale. $17.99, or so, at
Lowes, and $4.99 at Menards. If you want to buy DeWalt power tools, then
you have to go to Lowes. If you want Formaldehyde-free plywood, then you
have to go to Home Depot. Menards gives me free t-shirts and hats. One
of my relatives thinks that the lumber always "looks better" at Home
Depot than at Menards, and he is right at least some of the time.

Incidentally, Lowes gives 5% discount at time-of-purchase if you use
their credit card--but they seemed to have raised at least some of the
prices in the store by about the same amount at the same time they
started that. Menards gives 2% rebate once a year on all purchases. I
have to give Lowes a "-1" on that account, for effectively charging it's
customers different prices. My wallet prefers Menards, but I am glad to
have the opportunity to find the best value for myself among the three
stores.