Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default GE Microwave: No Lights, No Nothing?

On 10/13/2013 04:03 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Do these things have internal fuses?

Seems they do.
"GE Microwave Fuse, Thermal Fuse & Breaker Parts"
http://www.repairclinic.com/GE-Microwave-Fuse-Thermal-Fuse-Breaker-Parts

Thanks!

Pulled the housing off.

Managed not to electrocute myself via the high-voltage capacitor in
there.

Pulled the only fuse shown on the schematic that was taped inside the
housing. Tested it and found it a-ok.

Replaced the fuse.

Re-attached the housing and.......

.... it worked!!! ????

My only guess is that there was some sort of thermal circuit breaker
(that I am too clueless to ID on the schematic) and it returned to
normal temp during disassembly/reassembly. Doesn't really hold water
though, bc after initial failure it sat for a good hour and the period
of use before it stopped working was sooooo short.

Go figure....

I have become convinced that some appliances just get lonely, and refuse
to continue working until someone goes through them and plays with their
innards.

It is the only logical conclusion possible.

Jon