Larry Jaques

Default Gloat - 8" jointer up and running

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 07:57:05 GMT, A Womack
calmly ranted:

Ah, yes, it was a concern. This jointer was made some 11 to 12 years
ago, never out of the crate. The professional line appears to be a few
notches above, even back then. Certainly the prices they charge are.
It's a very substantial piece of iron. My Starrett, albeight too short,
shows the tables to be flat and true. The fence is a heavy mother,
bolted to a heavier jib. There are mounting holes in the fence for an
auxilary taller to fence to installed, perhaps for large panel beveling.

Yes, it does look better than most pictures I've seen. I
haven't set foot in the tool section at Searz in well over
double decades; prolly closer to 3.

Being a 240 volt motor, the normal Sears HP manipulations seem absent.
They rated it at 1.5 horse with a 10amp draw on 240 volts according to
the motor label, Doree.

I coulda sworn I saw "84 horsepower" on the front of that beastie
in your picture just yesterday.

I'm happy, and quite sure when I get to sell it to someday move up to a
david marks size aircraft carrier, I will be able to get at least my
purchase price, if not some appreciation. It also appears the knives
are quite reasonable for a set of 3 being under $30.00.

G'luck!

--
"Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein
-=-=-