Larry Jaques

Default Gloat - 8" jointer up and running

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 00:15:57 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC
calmly ranted:

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

Errrrrm, you obviously missed the manufacturer's name, Carl.

Hey Larry wha's shakin' down your way?

I actually got into the shop yesterday and made some concrete
dust and sawdust. I moved my sheet goods, drilled some holes
in some lousy concrete (1 hole already blew out) and anchored
a 4' pipe for my pivoting/wheelie sheet storage bin. I cut the
tuba ate for the upright and started mortising it after installing
the purty blue 3" caster on the bottom of the horizontal tuba ate.
Gosh, I sure love working with pineywood. (where are my tweezers?)
After I get all of that out of the way, I'll have more room and
can finish the (what I thought was simple) cleanup of the mantle
and put it back in my living room. It's a single tubaten redwood
board with an ogee on the front top. Slipping with the scratch
stock reminded me that I should have cleaned it before each and
every stroke. sigh

What's up in the middle half of my state?

In my opinion, A Womack certainly took a chance since the auction showed
only the cover of the instruction manual - upsidedown at that. Still,
S&R or not, I sure wish I had an 8"er.

The picture was typical of Crapsman owner mentality. sigh2
And Sr. Womack sure put a lot of time and effort into the
purchase of said object. That upped the price by a couple
Benjies, wot? But if he's happy, who are we to complain?
(Don't answer that. It'd make the thread waaaaay too long.)

--
"Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein
-=-=-