A Womack

Default Gloat - 8" jointer up and running

B a r r y wrote in
:

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 02:20:34 GMT, A Womack
wrote:

From the store I have a trucker friend who runs from Spokane to
Sacramento every single week and back to Spokane on a dedicated run.

You suck! There, it's been said.

About the dedicated run: A while back, I found a killer deal on a
cabinet saw from a web vendor. The only problem was that he wanted
$250 to ship it to CT. I had access to friend that drove a dedicated
run that runs empty on the return trip to CT. He was willing to bring
it up for $50.

The vendor couldn't seem to come up with a saw to sell me. G

Enjoy the new tool!

Barry

Just yesterday I was in the retail arm of www.northwestpowertools.com,
they were talking with a customer who did one of those deals from an
ebay vendor. Was shocked to learn how much he over paid the idiot! The
saw was at cost, but the shipping was 5x what they would have charged,
and therefore the profit was a ways over their mail order margins.

The bummer is they won't let me pick it up on the doc and ship it to
myself. I will have to check into one of the local freight companies
and see what they would charge for a 4 mile delivery!

Alan