Posted to rec.woodworking

Default power feeds

John Grossbohlin" wrote:

I saw that episode of TOH also... it got me thinking about a couple
projects where CNC methodology would be fantastic for work with
sheet goods. I suspect it is perhaps not so good with solid woods
due to the grain... which metals don't have from a machining
perspective. Yes I know metals have grain but the grain in metal
generally does not affect its machining the way grain affects the
machining of wood (try jointing the end grain of wood vs. running
steel in any orientation through a milling machine if you don't
believe me... ;~) ).

That's why you have software to address the above.G

If my project involving the sheet goods turns into mass production
(ha ha ha...) I'd certainly go with the CNC so that whole sheets
could be slapped on a vacuum table and CNC machined into finished
parts!

There is also the idea of becoming a stand alone machining center in
you area to supplement a CNC.

Lew