A Womack

Default Gloat - 8" jointer up and running

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 03:26:17 GMT, "Carl Stigers"
calmly ranted:

AHHHHH yes the obligatory sucking sound eminate from your
shop....Congrats

Errrrrm, you obviously missed the manufacturer's name, Carl.

--
"Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein
-=-=-

Ah, yes, it was a concern. This jointer was made some 11 to 12 years
ago, never out of the crate. The professional line appears to be a few
notches above, even back then. Certainly the prices they charge are.
It's a very substantial piece of iron. My Starrett, albeight too short,
shows the tables to be flat and true. The fence is a heavy mother,
bolted to a heavier jib. There are mounting holes in the fence for an
auxilary taller to fence to installed, perhaps for large panel beveling.

Being a 240 volt motor, the normal Sears HP manipulations seem absent.
They rated it at 1.5 horse with a 10amp draw on 240 volts according to
the motor label, Doree.

I'm happy, and quite sure when I get to sell it to someday move up to a
david marks size aircraft carrier, I will be able to get at least my
purchase price, if not some appreciation. It also appears the knives
are quite reasonable for a set of 3 being under $30.00.

Alan