Posted to rec.woodworking

Default power feeds

Lonnie Bird's book on shapers discusses power

feed use but in generic terms...

If you are asking about the usage on various pieces of equipment I have an "opinion" so a "comparison" of usefulness if that is what you are after.

Lots of good reasons to use them on shapers and I would always go to the trouble if I had one available. I think more wheels are better than wider wheels but the choices are pretty slim anyway. They all work.

Table saws not so much except for real production work and even then a rip saw with a chain feeder would be better .

Resawing for sure if you do it a lot and have some level of production. Hardly worth the effort for a one-off cut but slicing 1/4's off of raw stock over and over it is a dream. However, I think the resaw feeders are the most expensive of this expensive group of machines. I think you can use a standard feeder for resaw but I am talking about the dedicated versions. Never worked with a regular on setup like that.