Posted to uk.d-i-y
R.G. Bargy R.G. Bargy is offline

Default Hearing aids.

On 10/10/2013 19:26, Bert Coules wrote:
Michael Chare wrote:

I would like to persuade an elderly female relative to try a hearing aid.

I wouldn't buy anything for a trial. There are commercial hearing
centres which will carry out a basic hearing test and program sample
hearing aids (possibly more than one model) for your relative to try.
There's no obligation to buy, so if she likes the result the next step
is to go to her GP and arrange an NHS test. If needed, they will supply
very discrete, modern, programmable hearing aids (and free batteries).

Some commercial suppliers occasionally run public demonstrations,
usually in hotels. They advertise in local papers, so it might also be
worth keeping an eye out for that.

To avoid the NHS try the local High St e.g.
http://www.specsavers.co.uk/hearing/book-an-appointment?gclid=CJnYieqKjboCFVDItAod9lYAYA

http://www.bootshearingcare.com/hearing-tests/?gclid=CJ_58KCKjboCFQTHtAodTiMA7g