Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Sometimes short clamps can replace long ones.

On 10/10/13 2:12 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 10 Oct 2013 14:55:07 -0400, Greg Guarino
I did that for some shelf edging years back; finish nails set and
filled. Even at my modest level of woodworking, I wasn't that happy with
the inconspicuous (but visible) marks it left. I was thinking of pocket
screws. And I have discovered wedges since then as well.

Was the edging painted or finished with something else? If you can
feel the marks, (eg painted edging) then you may not have sanded them
down properly. If you can just see the marks, but not feel them (eg
varnish) then you might not have filled the nail holes properly.

Even with proper filling & sanding and immaculate painting the filled
holes can show up after a season of expansion and contraction.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--