Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default Sometimes short clamps can replace long ones.

On 10/10/2013 2:36 PM, Puckdropper wrote:

It's just that there
are apparently ways to glue a hardwood edge onto a desktop without using
seven-foot long clamps.

"A couple of brads until the glue dries."

I did that for some shelf edging years back; finish nails set and
filled. Even at my modest level of woodworking, I wasn't that happy with
the inconspicuous (but visible) marks it left. I was thinking of pocket
screws. And I have discovered wedges since then as well.

Someone here said that since I used dowels I didn't really need clamps
at all. I don't know if that's true or not, but I wouldn't have the
confidence to try it.