Posted to rec.woodworking
willshak willshak is offline

Default What happened toThompsons Water seal?

Delia wrote:
replying to Shopdog, Delia wrote:
lookout wrote:

I bought a new 5 gal. pail of Thompsons the other day to finish
my deck, I opened it up and its milky! What gives my other (older)
single gal is clear fluid. The look of the pail is the same but the
product seems to have changed.
Any ideas on this. I don't like the milky product, I tested it on a

concrete
section of my patio and it is now blotchy. Yet a section of the patio
done with the older pail looks fine.
Searcher

From the Thompsons site:
Apply by brush, roller, dipping, or sprayer. A garden "pump-up" style
sprayer is the simplest method. Product will appear milky white during
application, but will dry clear. If puddling of product occurs, remove
within 15 minutes by redistributing to dry areas or wiping off.

Original Question from Homeowners hub site is dated Sept. 20, 2006
That's 7 years ago.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY