Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Patternmaker's rasps

"MJ" wrote in message

Folks,

I am need of a Patternmaker's rasp(s) as I'm trying to
complete a rocking chair. I need to feather in the edges
of the joints (arms to seat, legs to seat, legs to
rockers).

I am looking at the Nicholson ones (#49 and #50), but I
also read that the production quality of these particular
rasps are not great.

Rather than spending upwards of $100 per rasp or more any
suggestions?

Go to Home Depot and buy the Cooper Nicholson 4 in hand rasp for $7.97.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Cooper-To...p#.UlalCj5Mpw0

They work just fine. I use them for tasks similar to yours; once faired out
the hand holds in 40' of grab rails on my sailboat with one.

--

dadiOH