Old Nick

Default 202GF, A miracle glue?! - pedantry

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:23:03 -0400, Michael Williams
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Hmmm. I don't think you have this quite right. According to your
description, why wouldn't the water just be forced out of the gap?

The sheets are held together because of the surface tension of the laminar
fluid layer.

So the sheets would still stick together in a vacuum?

The surface tension of the ater is what stops the atmos pressure
forcing the water out from between the glass, perhaps.