Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Chain Saw On A Stick

Mike M wrote:
On Tue, 8 Oct 2013 21:32:42 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Today is the day when they prune the olive trees outside my window.

The trees are 20'-25' tall and in year's past, that meant climbing
into the trees to prune them.

This year a new toy for the tree trimmers.

A baby chain saw with maybe 12"-15" cutting length attached to an
aluminum tube maybe 12'-15' ft long which is next connected to the
gas engine and the controls.

All most all the pruning is done from the ground.

They are great tools. I own one and it is so much better than
climbing up a ladder with a chainsaw.

I agree they are great but as an old duffer holding that much weight
up in the air gets old fast.

Mike M