Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Sometimes short clamps can replace long ones.

On 10/9/2013 9:43 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
That's pretty cool, Leon. I had a similar issue a few projects back and needed a couple of 70" long clamps. I screwed a cleat into one end of a two-by and drilled a 3/4" hole at the appropriate spot at the other end, into which i inserted one of those handy adjustable LN bench dogs. Worked like magic.

Larry

Cool! I was thinking of doing similar but did not think of using a dog,
it was all about keeping all of the force going parallel to thr panel