Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_3_] Lee Michaels[_3_] is offline

Default Sometimes short clamps can replace long ones.

On 10/9/2013 5:45 PM, Leon wrote:
For the third time this year I have needed 2~3 clamps that are 8 feet
long.
I have been perfecting a method of clamping rails to the ends of long
plywood panels without the need of long clamps. One way is to use pocket
hole screws to replace clamps, but then you end up with those holes that
you might have to deal with. Today I perfected my method of using clamps
that are less than 12" long to replace the need of clamps longer than
95".

A picture is worth 1000 words. I will say that the top temporary price
of
plywood has PSA sand paper attached on the bottom side to prevent it from
slipping. If you have k-body style clamps remove the handle screw end
and
reverse it's orientation on the bar so that you can get a relatively
square
alignment.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/10176896066/

Hollar if something is unclear. :-)

Are you sure you are using enough clamps there Leon? LOL

That will do the trick!