Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Patternmaker's rasps

On 10/9/2013 7:17 PM, MJ wrote:
Folks,

I am need of a Patternmaker's rasp(s) as I'm trying to complete a rocking chair. I need to feather in the edges of the joints (arms to seat, legs to seat, legs to rockers).

I am looking at the Nicholson ones (#49 and #50), but I also read that the production quality of these particular rasps are not great.

Rather than spending upwards of $100 per rasp or more any suggestions?

Thanks,

MJ

Flee market, and garage sales.
If you need it now... you will have to spend.
The quality of Nics are very poor. Glad I have stock in old well cared
for rasps.

--
Jeff