Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default global warming threat cancelled

In message , Roger Chapman
writes

Snip
Now until carbon dioxide puts a wall and a roof on the atmosphere, it is
not a 'greenhouse' gas.

Hands up all those who think TFP has gone too far for all but the most
dedicated of deniers.

I think I can accept that CO2 absorbs and re-radiates energy. I don't
know enough to place a value on that compared with black body radiation
hinted below, cloud cover, con trails or any of the other plus or minus
factors mentioned over the last few weeks.

So long as the dominant energy loss is not 'nightime ground radiation
direct into space' it doesnt have a huge amount to do.

etc.

But there you have it Dennis - the master has spoken and spoken so
nicely. What on Earth has happened to turn the most obnoxious poster on
this ng into a pussy cat?

:-)

--
Tim Lamb