Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Metal spark Plug

Tom Gardner wrote:
On 10/9/2013 9:08 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/9/2013 8:37 AM, Joe "Dufu" wrote:
Full tank in storage always. Heavy dose of SeaFoam, Napa part SF16.
Prior to storage, either use the little drain button thingy to empty
the carb bowl *after* shutting off the supply or simply run the engine
to stall.

You should be able to go a full year without a problem.

Works in my genrator, lawnmower, tractors, power washer, snowblower,
motorcycles (even the six carb one!), etc.

With a two stroke, I'm told it's not wise to run the
carb bowl dry. The last moments when the engine is
going around, (but no gas mix coming in) there is no
oil mix to lube the innerds.

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

I've heard of people "fogging" the motor with oil but not sure of the
procedure.

Basically you buy a can of fogging oil. With the engine running you
spray the oil into the intake and shut it down when the engine starts
smoking good.

Works good for engines that you want to store for long periods but for a
gen-set the best thing is to fire it up at least once a month or so just
to make sure it is working and running properly.
I also mix SeaFoam in the gas and only run non-booze fuel in mine.

--
Steve W.