Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Equipment valuations

"SteveB" wrote:

I just inherited a Ridgid JP 06101 jointer, 6 1/8", and a Foley
Belsaw 12 3/8" planer/moulder, 5 hp. Says it will take a 6" high
board or thereabouts. There are about ten boxes with various blades,
and spacers, mostly all never used. I'd like to sell them. The
Ridgid looks like it was only used a few times. One of the knobs
still has the clear wrap on it. The planer has been used, but the
ten boxes of blades are new in box never been used, still wrapped in
the white foam packing paper.. What would be a good price to move
these? Notice I said move. I don't want to give them away, but they
cost me nothing. I'd just like to give someone a couple of quality
machines at a good price.

The 5HP planer will be a problem for a lot of garage shops.

If you truly want to "move" the stuff, maybe 25% of new for the tools,
10% for the blades, if you are lucky.

Lew