Larry Jaques

Default More Physics pedantry

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 09:09:07 GMT, "Greg Millen"
calmly ranted:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 18:29:00 GMT, "Agki Strodon"
calmly ranted:

Quite so! Now for the biggest question in physics - one that Feynman and
the physics faculty at Cal Tech could not answer- why does a stick of
spaghetti almost always break into three or more pieces when you bend it

by
the ends?

I'm sure he knew that it was the harmonic vibrations of the
first 'snap' which multiplied in the pieces and facilitated
further breaks. /swag

Hmmm, interesting. My guess partially agrees with Lar. I'd say the harmonic
from the initial break travels down the remaining stick until it reaches the
second flex point. When the harmonic and the flex point meet, the spaghetti
breaks.

Now, just how *do* brass screws permanently disappear in sawdust? Why is it
so?

That, sir, is due to the scavenger elf (with his brass magnet) who
is hiding under all that sawdust and who absconds with them.

Nexxxxxt!

--
"Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein
-=-=-