Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default How to Choose, Buy, and Safely Use a Good Surge Protector

On Tue, 08 Oct 2013 00:22:48 -0700, Ashton Crusher
wrote:

On Mon, 07 Oct 2013 10:37:19 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 07 Oct 2013 09:40:33 -0600, bud-- wrote:

On 10/6/2013 1:54 PM, Oren wrote:

I've stated earlier an SPD at the electric panel will not warranty a
sensitive device like a computer, television, etc.

SquareD says for their "best" service panel protector "electronic
equipment may need additional protection by installing plug-in
[protectors] at the point of use."

Correct. I bet westom will claim this fact is propaganda g

I have no doubt in my mind it's the product of SquareD company lawyers
wanting to make sure they can point to it when someone's stuff gets
damaged. "Look, we warned you!!!! and you failed to have a Plug-in.
And now go sue the Plug-in people because they were the LAST line of
defense so if your product was damaged is was THEM not US."

Who do you think gives guidance to the lawyers about the devices;
about what limitations they have?

If congress passes a law for agency x, y, or z do you think a lawyer
can change the intent of the law?

Were you born yesterday???

No. I was born on a Tuesday.

I'll read any citation you or westom provide that SPDs do not work!